Call us today to discuss your individual needs.   800.954.3414

MC Authority & Intrastate Authority Services

Motor Carrier Interstate & Intrastate Authority Services for Truckers and Trucking Companies

Are you considering starting a new trucking company or obtaining MC authority as an owner-operator? Save yourself costly mistakes or delays by contacting Office Tenders to help obtain the necessary motor carrier authority today!

What is an MC Authority?

For a CMV, or commercial motor carrier, operating authority is, in short, permission to transport goods for profit on public roads. Obtaining operating authority from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is necessary for interstate trucking companies. Trucks operating within just one state must have intrastate authority. Trucking companies need to have a Department of Transportation Number (DOT#), Motor Carrier Number (MC#) and be registered in every state the carrier will operate in. The many application forms and filing process to obtain MC authority can be confusing, and time-consuming. Office Tenders is here to help! Call 800-954-3414 to speak with a DOT authority specialist today.

Obtaining DOT Authority Services With Office Tenders

With our customizable trucking compliance services, we can assist with licensing and registration, interstate and intrastate authorities, and more! Simply fill out our “Memo of Agreement” and provide us with your company information to get started. We help you get your trucks on the road by:

  1. Filing for your DOT#. This is required for all carriers with a CMV over 10,000 lbs. and is issued immediately after application.  Office Tenders DOT# fee is $20.
  2. Applying for correct DOT authority and obtaining MC# – this number is issued right away but is not valid until all of the steps for obtaining MC authority have been completed. The FMCSA requires a non-refundable $300 fee for each authority application.  Our fee for this service is $40.
  3. Submitting Form BOC-3 – a process agent filing.  Office Tenders will take care of this for you for $45.   Also required is filing a BMC-91 proof of insurance with the FMCSA, which must be done by your insurance company.
  4. Filing the Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) with your home state, registering your company to operate within all participating states. Fees are based on fleet size, starting at $76 for 0-2 CMV’s plus a small credit card processing fee. UCR must be renewed annually.  Office Tenders UCR fee is $15.
  5. Applying for intrastate operating authority in the state you will be operating in.  This is only necessary if you will be carrying loads that are totally (picked up and delivered) within the state.  Our charge for this varies by state, as some are much more involved than others.
  6. Filing necessary forms to operate within states that do not participate in UCR.

Comprehensive DOT MC Authority Services from Office Tenders

Obtaining an operating DOT authority is just the beginning of the paperwork for a trucking company. We can help every step of the way! To learn more about our comprehensive MC Authority services and complete DOT paperwork services, contact us or give us a call at 1-800-954-3414.

Contact Office Tenders Today for Time-Saving DOT Compliance Services and Simple DOT Authority Setup!

Comments are closed.

  • Get In Touch…

    You are your greatest asset. Put your time into making money. Not messing with paper work.

    Driver Qualification Files (DQF) Setup/MaintenanceFuel Tax Reporting (IFTA Reporting)Driver Log Book AuditingRandom Drug & Alcohol Testing ProgramsNew Trucking Business StartupCustom ServicesOther

  • News

  • Office Tenders Newsletter

    Stay up-to-date with our DOT compliance services newsletter. We'll keep you informed of new regulations, news & compliance issues, to keep you on the road.